BLOG ADVERTISING

Friday, September 19, 2008

Handling chronic pain


There’s nothing more painful than heartache and a slip disc…. on my terms, laugh! These are the two pains in my life which I can faithfully describe to you in detail. And for this reason I can guarantee that even people who are suffering from stroke conditions are able to manage their activities and be able to walk again if they do this everyday – simply walk!

When I started to do my early morning walk, I almost failed. There were times that I should stop to ease out my pain. And it really feels like I got pinched on my back which makes it difficult to move any part of my body. So I need to freeze, as in literally freeze! And this happens even while I am crossing the street or sometimes in the middle of the road. It was really catching up with my confidence and self esteem but I kept up with my early morning walk.

Why would I ever do that? It is because I believe I could be a better person if I lose a little weight as a result of that daily activity. But then as I progress I discovered that my pain gets to its minimal level too because of the weight loss. My body feels lighter and my mood improves. Along with it, I noticed that I can write more easily and freely with the given condition. And hey my friends kept saying I am sexier lol.

So the target was to lose weight first. I was really making great efforts to accomplish my goals. I do my early morning walk and then swim in the weekend. I did it! The pain was gone and I was able to keep it at minimal level if it recurs. Another thing that I did was eat a lot of fish and unsalted vegetables. Yaiikksss!!!! I love salty foods and I suffered keeping up my goals. Haay torture but then it was the most effective way to lose weight and minimize your back pain.

Exercise… exercise… and exercise. Avoid salty foods and sugar. Do not drink colas nor rely on sugar cubes. This will help you out get a lighter feel, lose weight and manage chronic low back pain.

0 comments: